Friday, January 10, 2014

Liebster Award

 
 
What a lovely way to kick off the weekend!
I'm so thankful for Kendall, the beautiful blogger from Styled Snapshots who nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. The Liebster award is given by fellow bloggers to new blogs with smaller followings but huge potential; it is a great way to find new blogs as well as support one another. So fun!

The rules of the award are as follows: 
Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions they asked.
Nominate eleven other bloggers with a smaller following but a lot of potential.
Create eleven of your own questions for them to answer.
Notify your nominees!
 
My Answers to Kendall's Questions:
1. What's your favorite weekend activity?
I love heading over to my favorite beach with my husband and our French Bulldog, Baxter. In the fall and winter it turns into a dog park & it's fun to get bundled up to go to the beach during a New England winter. The view is beautiful, the walk & the salty air is refreshing regardless of what season it is and we got married just around the bend last July. It's definitely my happy place. 
2. Heels or flats kind of gal? Heels! I am 5'4 on a good day so any bit of height I can get is much appreciated!
3. What's your guilty pleasure? Talenti's Carmel Sea Salted Gelato. YUM.
4. Why do you blog? I started to blog because I wanted a creative outlet to share what I'm passionate about. I have a Communication and Journalism background and a lifetime obsession for clothes and style. Blogging is a great platform to create what I love and learn a lot of great things along the way. I'm definitely just starting out and learning the ropes but after a few years of reading blogs, I'm excited to have my own little space and to watch it grow!
5. Top place to shop? Nordstrom! From their clothes to jewelry to makeup to shoes to home decor...love.it.all.
6. Online shopper or in-person shopper? I've definitely turned into an online shopper.
7. Coffee or tea? Both! My morning routine consists of black coffee with cinnamon sprinkled on it & my night-time routine consists of a hot cup of decaf tea! I love Tazo's Refresh Green Tea or Wild Sweet Orange.
8. Favorite thing you own? My engagement and wedding rings
9. Most meaningful gift you've ever received? (Apologies in advance for the lovey-overload...newlywed status.) When my husband and I were dating- our second Christmas together marked just over a year of being together. For one of my Christmas gifts, he made a book titled "Our Year of Firsts." It included pictures, tickets from concerts, Red Sox games, NY Giants games we attended etc...and little notes of memories we made throughout the year. He's not typically the guy who makes crafty projects like this and I was blown away! Pretty sure I cried....It was adorable and I'll cherish it forever.
10. Favorite food? If I could eat avocado on Ezekiel toast every day I'd be a happy girl.
11. Salty or sweet? Sweet :)

 
My Nominees:
 
My Questions for you:
1. If you could have anyone's wardrobe appear in your closet, whose would it be?
2. What is your dream job?
3. Where do you gather your biggest style inspiration from?
4. If you got to choose the Pantone Color of 2014 what would it be?
5. What is your favorite accessory that you own?
6. What is your favorite way to unwind on the weekend? 
7. What is your go-to outfit at the moment?
8. What's your one beauty must-have?
9. Where is your favorite vacation destination?
10. Nail color you wear the most?
11. Guilty pleasure?
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE love this and you are tooo sweet for nominating me! :) check out the blog tomorrow for my post :)
    Much love!
    --Pooja (Dash of Style With a Sweet Smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honored! :) I feel ya on the heels... I'm 5'0" and I wore heels for the first full year I was dating my fiance so he wouldn't realize how short I was haha. I'll be posting my questions soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks for the nomination doll! About to do this now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap, lol--I remember seeing this on Instagram, but clearly I didn't get it (sometimes it takes me a while--I am seriously 32 going on 102 when it comes to technology)! Anyway, THANK YOU--you are such a doll!!! I will get on paying it forward!!! Xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries at all!! You are so welcome, your blog is fabulous! Don't feel like you have to do it!!

      Delete