Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cheers To The New Year!

Happy New Year!
2013 went by faster than a Flipagram! (check out our wedding Flipagram here! )
This past year was so, so good to both David & I.
I feel like I've had a big cheesy smile plastered on my face the whole year.
From cheering on my husband to his MBA, 30th Birthday and a new job: celebrating almost every weekend with bridal showers, bachelorettes,weddings and baby showers and wedding planning for both my wedding & my sister's wedding; our lovely rehearsal dinner, surreal wedding day & honeymoon; witnessing selfless, beautiful acts faith, hope, generosity; dancing alongside my sister as she married her best friend on a truly magical night...I can't believe we managed to fit it all into one year!
Looking back on this past year leaves my heart overflowing and feeling incredibly blessed. I'm humbled and so thankful for our family and friends who's outpouring of love overwhelmed my heart with pure bliss. I'll have to blog our wedding re-cap at some point this year! From the little details to the big day: it.was.amazing.
 I can't resist...here's a little peek at our wedding day
 
 
 

 



Truth be told I'm a little sad to see 2013 go! It most certainly takes the cake for my best year yet however; I have a feeling that really great things in this new chapter of my life are unfolding.
 
While 2013 was a whirlwind consumed with planning my wedding, my sister's wedding and everything in between...I still managed to make a (very small) New Year resolution & kept it! I omitted half&half from my coffee and now just drink it black with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top. Don't laugh! I'm pretty proud of making a small change for the better of my health.
In 2014 I'm excited to focus more on my health and fitness...I'm already passionate about health: clean eating, green juices, pilates, a healthy mind body spirit etc...but I mean really focus and dedicate time to healthy recipes; focus on positive thinking, make time for myself to enjoy more pilates, yoga & running even if it means waking up an extra hour or so.
I'm also excited to focus on my little space in the blogosphere and hope to evolve The Sea Salted Blonde into more personalized posts. I'll be adding bits of everything I'm interested in- from my favorite healthy recipes, foods, workouts; sharing my style with my own OOTD posts; my love of coastal living; lust worthy clothing, baubles and products; tidbits of décor, interiors and a happy home; updates about adventures in newlywedville with hopefully a few happy surprises along the way.
And most importantly, focusing on the everyday little moments with the ones I love & what truly matters.
I can't wait to dive in and see what 2014 has to offer!
Wishing you a beautiful and blessed New Year!
Cheers to you and yours!!!
Courtney

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on your wedding...it looked beautiful! Can't wait to learn more about you on your blog and Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lady! So happy to have you reading along :) Happiest of New Years to you!!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful wedding (I hope to see more soon!) and what a beautiful post! The parallels between your 2013 and my 2012 are uncanny! I know I'm a little late to the party today, but Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Emilie! I will definitely create a wedding post soon! I miss the planning already & wish I had started blogging sooner to post during the process...kind of. I'm not so sure there would have been time to do that! You definitely know what a whirlwind of a year it was then! Did you do a wedding post? Would love to see that as well!!

    ReplyDelete