Friday, November 15, 2013

Five on Friday

Hooray! My first link-up!
I'm looking forward to this weekend! Big plans of staying home with my Husband...we've been running around like crazy and it will be nice to stay put & r e l a x. Date night, movie watching by the fire, taking the pup to the beach, possible Christmas decorating and visiting friends who just moved out of NYC to suburbia are on the to-do list! C o z y is the word on my mind right now.

One
B Side Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2009

Last weekend my parents took us out to dinner at an amazing Italian restaurant in Massachusetts. I ordered this glass of wine and it.was.so.good. For me to finish an entire glass of wine is a joke among my family...my husband will adoringly call me "two sips" as I never finish a glass with my meal. Anywhoo, I will be hunting down a bottle of B Side Cab this weekend and I will be finishing a glass or two. What's more cozy than a glass of wine by the fire?
B Side's description: "Our 2009 B Side has rich aromas of dark cherry, caramel, toasted marshmallow and white pepper. Sourced from Rutherford and Stags Leap, this wine has an intensity of fruit flavor on the palate, beginning with black currant and dark plum and evolving into dark chocolate and cappuccino. Dried dark fruit and smoky oak nuances come through on the mid-palate, revealing additional layers of depth. The finish is rich with big, mouth-filling tannins and a firm core of high quality French oak."
Is your mouth watering yet?

Two
Spectacles
I somehow lost my glasses Monday night. Pretty sure they're in the parking lot of Trader Joe's and no longer in one piece. It was a blessing in disuse apparently as I have not had an eye exam since 2007. eeeek. Clearly I've been in denial of needing them...I only had to wear them for driving/distance. Well that was 6 years ago and I should've known as I've been squinting at our TV shows, unable to make out familiar faces while grocery shopping (they were wayyy down the end of the aisle) and slyly taking out my glasses in the movie theater for longer than I'd like to admit. I sulked a little when my new prescription was stronger as well as to wear them all day everyday. Are you sure they're not just for distance?
I 'm scheduled to pick them up tonight and am already singing "I can see clearly nowww..." in my head.

Three
Cold Hands Warm Heart
This Kate Spade mug is on my wishlist...along with these polka-dot C.Wonder hat & gloves and cashmere J. Crew scarf. CuteCuteCozy&Cute.


Cold Hands Warm Heart

Four
Baxter
Meet Baxter. Our 3-year-old fur-child has cozy down to a science. Baxter is the sweetest, snuggliest (new word) French Bulldog. I have way too many pictures of him on my phone so why not share his cute face?



Five
5-year-old Superhero

Saved the most heartwarming for last.
Make-A-Wish Turns 5-Year-Old into Superhero


Have a wonderful, relaxing and cozy weekend!
xo
C

2 comments:

  1. saw that ake-a-wish on the news tonight!!!! but..hiiii from the linkup, beautiful!! i'm a coastal girl too..just a little more south! :) those pup pics...bless!!! iiiiii might've posted a pic of our fur baby in pupjamas on my friday 5. ha!!! hope your weekend is off to the loveliest start!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi doll!! Thank you so much for reading! Those pupjamas are adorable!!! I just saw your Favorite Things link-up and will definitely be joining this Tuesday! Cheers to the weekend!!! :)

      Delete