Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday: Thanksgiving

I cannot believe it's less than a week until Thanksgiving! This week, this month, this year has flown by! Here are my five:
 
 
One: Sweet Potato Soufflé
A few years ago, my Husband's friend Chelsea had a gorgeous cooking blog: Sprinkles of Parsley . She has not blogged in a few years however her recipes remain posted and I truly think she should get back to it! This Sweet Potato Soufflé is out of this world good. I made it the first time she posted her family recipe in 2010 and every year since then. My family members request it and last year I doubled it! Add this to your table for the holidays and check out the rest of her recipes while you're there...maybe we can get her to start blogging again!
 
Two: The root of joy...
I am so incredibly grateful to be celebrating our first married Thanksgiving with my Husband, D!
 
I love celebrating the holidays with our families. I come from a pretty big extended family as my parents are each one of 5. The holidays have always been a full house and so much fun!
 Someday D and I will host the holidays but for now he and I make it a point to split the day between our families. It's a lot, and sometimes we huff and puff about how hectic it is but, reality check- we are so fortunate to have our families, to have families that for the most part live in the same state not to mention within driving distance of one another. We are blessed to be surrounded by our loved ones and because of our marriage earlier this year our families have united & grown...we have so much more to celebrate. And for that, I am truly so grateful. #heartoverflowing
 
Three: Thanksgiving Décor
I can't get enough of these adorable hosting/decorating ideas from Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere. I read that she is coming out with a home décor and entertaining book in 2015...if this is just a preview of what's to come, I can't wait!
 
 
I'll count this as Four and Five: Hostess Gifts
Since I do not host the holidays yet (I truly cannot wait for the day I do!), I love to bring a little something to the door.

monogram wine stopper & their favorite vino might just be the perfect pair! C.Wonder has great gifts!
 
I love this personalized pillow as a gift I found on Etsy. Especially if your hostess has just moved into a new home!
 
I had no idea that Pottery Barn sold live plants but I love this red amaryllis plant as a gift. So pretty!
 
If you know their scent-style or if you want to share your favorite these Voluspa candles from Anthropologie are the best. Every time I walk into an Anthro store I want my house to smell just like it, the stacks of Voluspa candles must be their secret.
 
 
Have a fantastic weekend full of Thanksgiving-day-prep and love!
xo
C
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I feel like hostess gifts are so important! People need to consider how hard hosts work!

    ReplyDelete