Thursday, April 3, 2014

Vintage Scarf

From Autumn through Spring I always grab a scarf on my way out the door...partly because I'm always freezing but also because I love what they can do for an outfit. I have a serious collection of light weight pashminas, printed silk scarves, cozy knit winter scarves. My favorites are a few vintage silk scarves that I have. I always keep my eye out for great silk scarves while vintage shopping. I have some beautiful ones that I like to think are Hermes.
Anyone have a good eye for vintage Hermes?
 Anywhooo...scarves can easily dress up a simple top with jeans and even take place of a necklace. This one is an Alcott and Andrews Italian Silk Scarf. I had to look up the name after I purchased it. They were a New York based retailer in the 80's. I love wearing it with a plain silk blouse but, to keep from looking like Tess McGill straight out of Working Girl in 1988, I paired it with boyfriend jeans and Burberry. I should have thought to snap a picture of the scarf unfolded; I love the equestrian style and center of it has foxes & horns.
Thanks to my husband for snapping these photos after work & catching the last rays of sunlight on another beautiful April day. Spring is finally catching up!






Bow Toe Pumps: Similar herehere here & here
J.Crew Necklace: Similar here
David Yurman Bracelets : here & here
 Lilly Pulitzer White & Gold Bamboo Bangle - no longer available but very similar here



Love From The Coast,
Courtney










1 comment: